Gunmen have killed three persons and abducted seven others in Southern Kaduna.
The yet-to-be-identified assailants attacked two communities in Kajuru council area on Sunday morning, according to the National President of Adara Development Association, Awemi Dio Maisamari.
Maisamari, made this known in a statement on Sunday.
Maisamari lamented that the attacks which he described as “premeditated and unprovoked,” persist despite a peace accord with the Fulani community.
“Today, Sunday, 6th September, 2020 at 2.00a.m, the Adara community of Buda, in Buda Ward of Kajuru LGA came under another deadly attack from suspected Fulani militia,” Maisamari said in the statement.
Also the Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan confirmed the incident saying Governor Nasir El-Rufai had been informed about it, alongside other attacks in the state.
Aruwan said the governor condemned the attacks, condoled with affected families, and urged security personnel to crush the bandits.
In a statement also on Sunday, Aruwan said: “Government condoles with the families that lost their loved ones to the sheer criminality of the bandits. Security agencies have been directed to double up and intensify operations against bandits. This criminality is an attack on our unity and collective well-being.”