How Billionaire Ignatius Odunukwe Was Killed, Cut To Pieces By Criminals (Video)

The popular Anambra billionaire and owner of Fireman Generator, Ignatius Odunukwe was kidnapped, killed and butchered by criminals pretending to be real estate buyers.

According to reports, Odunukwe went missing in November 2019 and his body found on January 16, 2020.

The billionaire who hailed from Oraukwu in Anambra State went missing when he went to seal a land deal after his would-be murderers indicated interest.

Within Nigeria quoted a friend of the family who spoke to newsmen, as saying some criminals who pretended to be land buyers called the billionaire on phone because they heard he had a property for sale.

They agreed on a price and the agreement for the purchase was drafted by his lawyer.

Both parties thereafter agreed to meet on an agreed date for the exchange and that’s when the sad drama started.

IG Odunukwe’s lawyers suggested going with him for the signing but he declined and told him he needs to see someone at Ikoyi club and that was the last time they saw him.

When the billionaire didn’t come back home, his family reported the incident to the police and they started investigations.

READ ALSO: Maersk MD Battles For Life As Suspected Robbers Kill Wife

The Poilce eventually arrested one of the men. On searching his house, they saw the original land documents already signed.

The man claimed he already finalized the deal and paid the billionaire but when the police asked him to provide the bank account where he paid; he claimed that he paid with gold.

That was when the police suspected he was lying. He was tortured and detained in poilce custody.

A few days later, there was a breakthrough in the case and the police arrested two more men.

The team was allegedly tortured and they confessed that they picked up the billionaire and forced him to sign the documents.

“They killed him, cut his body into pieces and packed the parts into a Ghana Must Go bag and dumped it inside a forest in Badagry expressway”, the source said.

On January 16, 2020, the police took the man’s family and the criminals to the forest where they retrieved the bag.

“It’s very important to always tell your family and close friends where you’re going to incase something happens”, the source stated.

“If he had not told his lawyers that he was going to that meeting at the hotel, they wouldn’t have known where to start looking for him”, he lamented.

Watch Video