The Next Edition
  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Featured
  • Investigations
  • Foreign
  • Special Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Advert Rate
No Result
View All Result
The Next Edition
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Featured
  • Investigations
  • Foreign
  • Special Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Advert Rate
Home Top News

CCT adjourns Saraki’s trial indefinitely

Agency Report by Agency Report
March 8, 2018
in Top News
CCT adjourns Saraki’s trial indefinitely
0
SHARES
11
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Whatsapp

The trial of Senate President, Bukola Saraki, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) has been adjourned indefinitely.

Chairman of the Tribunal, Mr. Danladi Umar, announced the adjournment in a short ruling on the resumption of trial in Abuja on Thursday.

You might also like

Lagos Re-opens Oko-Oba Abbatoir

Gunmen Abduct, Kill Anambra Chief After N15m Ransom

One Killed, Five Injured As Landmine Explodes In Imo Market

He said the Tribunal would await the decision of the Supreme Court on the appeals filed by both Saraki and the Federal Government.

Saraki is being tried on three of the 18-count-charge for false declaration of assets.

Umar gave the ruling after listening to the addresses of both the defence and prosecuting lawyers.

In his address, the prosecuting counsel Mr Rotimi Jacobs urged the Tribunal to proceed with taking the final address from the parties in the suit.

He based his request on the fact that the defence had already opened and closed their case and the tribunal had adjourned for the adoption of final addresses.

READ ALSO: Breaking: Britain to build prison wing in Kirikiri

However, Counsel to the Senate President Mr. Kanu Agabi urged the Tribunal to be mindful of the dignity of the Supreme Court and prayed for an indefinite adjournment.

Agreeing with the defence counsel, the CCT chairman held that the Tribunal “has decided to tarry awhile so that the integrity of Supreme Court would not be played with.”

 “The Tribunal will adjourn this matter sine die pending the outcome of the appeals at the Supreme Court,” he added.

On Tuesday last week, the Tribunal had adjourned the case till March 8 to hear the final address by the parties in the suit and for its final judgment.

The parties will have to await the decisions of the Supreme Court to proceed with the rest of the trial.

 

NAN.

Tags: adjournsCCTindefinitelyNEXT EDITIONNigeria newspaperSarakiTop newstrial
Agency Report

Agency Report

Recommended For You

Lagos Shuts Oko-Oba Abattoir Over Unsanitary Practices

Lagos Re-opens Oko-Oba Abbatoir

  The Lagos State Government has directed the immediate re-opening of the Oko-Oba Abbatoir in Agege following the fulfillment of sanitation and hygienic prescriptions by the operators. The...

Gunmen Invade Monarch’s Palace In Benue, Kill Son, Abduct Daughter

Gunmen Abduct, Kill Anambra Chief After N15m Ransom

  Panic has gripped the Nimo community in the Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra State following the murder of a prominent traditional titleholder and community leader popularly...

Police Arrest Woman Taking Daughters To Bandits For Sex

One Killed, Five Injured As Landmine Explodes In Imo Market

A landmine exploded inside Eke Ubaheze Market Square in Awo-Idemili, Orsu LGA of Imo state on Tuesday, killing one person and injuring five others. The blast, which occurred...

Imo NDLEA Confirms Arrest Of Alleged Notorious Drug Dealer

NDLEA Seizes 1.94m KG Of Illicit Drugs In Abia, Arrests 222 Suspects

  The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Abia State Command, said it has seized about 1.94 million illicit drugs, and arrested 222 suspects in one year.  ...

Next Post
Buhari’s visit: Heavy security presence in Jos

Buhari’s visit: Heavy security presence in Jos




Related News

Lagos Rescues 223 Street Kids From Begging — Commissioner

Lagos Rescues 223 Street Kids From Begging — Commissioner

Chelsea's Kenedy sent home over China slurs - Conte

Chelsea’s Kenedy sent home over China slurs – Conte

Leading Muslem Actress Suspended Over ‘Indecent Dressing’

Leading Muslem Actress Suspended Over ‘Indecent Dressing’




The Next Edition

Office Address

3B, Agboola Aina street, Off Toyin Street,
Ikeja, Lagos.

Quick Contact Details

Phone:
08033018430
Whatsapp:
08051679910

Email:
[email protected]
[email protected]

Categories

  • Aviation
  • Beauty
  • Breaking News
  • Business
  • Columnists
  • Editorial
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Featured
  • Football
  • Foreign
  • Headline News
  • Home & Garden
  • Interviews
  • Investigations
  • North Central
  • North East
  • North West
  • Opinion
  • Parenting
  • Politics
  • Relationships
  • South East
  • South West
  • South-South
  • Special Reports
  • Sports
  • Top News
  • Vox Pops

© Next Edition Business Development Limited

  • About Us
  • Advert Rate
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • About Us
  • News
  • Featured
  • Investigations
  • Foreign
  • Special Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Interviews
  • Advert Rate

© Next Edition Business Development Limited