Benue: Angry Youths Mob Notorious Criminal

Angry youths in Gboko Local Government Area of Benue state, Saturday evening, mobbed a notorious criminal know as “One Man Squad.”

Our correspondent gathered that the dare-devil criminal who operated alone has been terrorising residents and business operators in Gboko for months now.

A resident of Gboko, Richard Akahan, enthused that ‘One Man Squad” has finally been killed by the youths and the police.

Mr. Akahan said luck ran out on the notorious criminal during one of his operations at Rano Filling Station, close to Myom Hospital, Gboko.

“The young man has been terrorizing the people, stealing from them publicly for some time now. It’s been a serious problem in Gboko lately. People now close before for fear of this man.

“The town, which a friend once described as ‘Gboko at Night’ due to the bobbling activities of the youth at nightfall, has been a shadow of itself. Everyone had been thrown into fear not to fall victim of this kleptomaniac.

“As I speak with you, there’s jubilation and celebration in town today, but incidentally, more people have closed well before Ordinarily, one would have expected them to stay out longer considering the fact that the monster, who appeared to be highly demonic, has been brought down on his knees,” Richard said.

READ ALSO: Gunmen Kill Female Journalist

Recall that the State Governor Samuel Ortom had recently vowed that he would ensure that criminals have no hiding place in the state. He had also gone ahead to order security agencies to arrest “One Man Squad” for peace and security of all citizens.

However, a day after the governor’s order, the youths who were tired of his operations and angry, trailed him without his knowledge and caught up with him.

It was said that bullets do not penetrate him so the youths gave him a free-for-all beating, smashing his head with stones and killing him on the spot.

The Next Edition also gathered that his corpse was deposited at the General Hospital, Gboko.

Meanwhile, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, DSP Catherine Anene, confirmed the incident adding that the criminal had abandoned his rifle and ran into a crowd when he saw the police coming and was thereafter mobbed by the people before the police could rescue him.


  1. Wow, this is a sound reportage from a personality of high journalist ingenuity. The report is what it is. This is great

Comments are closed.